What information do we collect and why?
MS&T Magazine (MST) – part of Halldale Group.
This policy is for use in relation to www.mstmagazine.com (the Site) and sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Halldale Group, Sentinel House, Harvest Crescent, Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, England with company registration number 02734812 (HML).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following information from you from time to time:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, purchasing products or services, raising enquiries, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, though you do not have to respond to them;
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
• Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
• Information, financial or otherwise, that permits and facilitates the purchase of products and services through the Site.
• We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
• To enable you to sign in and personalise your online experience MST uses “cookies”.. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
• MST will allow you to ‘accept’ or ‘decline’ cookies being used on the site, but in order to comply with your preferences, we’ll have to insert one cookie at the start so that you’re not asked to make this choice again.
Where we store your personal data
• All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
• Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use industry-standard methods and processes to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any purchase of any products or services;
• To allow you to access restricted areas of our website;
• To notify you about changes to our products and services;
• We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you;
• Consent to use your data in this way is assumed if you have acquired, either paid for or unpaid for, a product or service from us;
• You can withdraw your consent at any time by ticking the relevant box situated on the form or webpage on which we collect your data or in the email we send to you, or by emailing email@example.com with a request to stop receiving information.
Disclosure of your information
• We may disclose your personal information to other companies in our Group.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties only under the following circumstances:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If HML or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• We do not collect information with a view to selling it to third parties. However, in the unlikely event that any of the assets of HML were sold to a third party, details of our customers would be passed on to that third party as a part of the sale of the business
• Financial information that is collected is used to authorise payment for your products and services. When you make a purchase on the Site, your consent is given to provide your financial or personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies.
• We might exchange financial information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• Except as provided above, we will not share financial information with third parties without your prior consent.
• We will not store your financial information on Halldale.com.
• You should be aware that we may release your personal information or financial information when we believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you transacted with us, or to protect the rights, property or safety of HML, users of the Site or others.
• You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will not disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing and to cancel the permission you have given by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, suppliers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
• The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
• Any purchase of products and services whether online or offline shall be subject to our Terms and Conditions.
• The Site is operated by Halldale Group with company registration number 02734812.
© Halldale Group Revised 4 Nov 2014